Thursday, April 25, 2013

Empties Post #1

As a sometimes obsessive collector and bordering hoarder of makeup and beauty items, it's always a satisfying feeling to finish some products and know that I am actually using and finishing the items that I have.  The ideal situation would be to actually use more items than I actually buy, but it somehow turns out that I buy approximately 10 items for every item I finish.  Shouldn't it really be the other way around?

I'm sure you're all interested in what is very shortly going to become my trash, but here is a look at the most recent round of products that I've finished:


I was happy to get these items out of the way as the makeup products were pretty old, and I''m eager to try new ones out.  The body care products are items I bought for my stay in Germany, and I've used them up just in time!

Read on for an idea of what I thought of these products!
Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush (GWP Sample Size):  I actually received this a few years ago and it sat neglected in my drawer until a a few months ago.  Even though it was a sample size, it lasted me a good 4 months of every day use.  It was a great neutral dusty pink color that I used as a base for my powder blush everyday.  It had a great creamy texture, but the staying power wasn't anything to write home about for my oily skin.  I enjoyed it while I used it, but I wouldn't purchase a full size.  In fact, I have another sample size in a bronzey shade that I need to start using up!

Maybelline Mineral Wear Concealer: This is obviously an old product as it has long since been discontinued, but again, it was a product just sitting in my drawer so I decided to pull it out and finish it.  It's a shame that I didn't use it more before because it's actually a great concealer!  It covered up my dark circles perfectly, and it also worked to cover my blemishes.  It had an impressive staying power and it stayed mostly intact until I removed my makeup.  However, I am still glad to be finished with it as I have had it for so long.

Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Black Coffee:  I actually loved this eyeliner!  It was the perfect brown shade-not too light, dark, or red-toned, and it actually had the effect of brightening my eyes.  Sometimes, brown is a refreshing change from black eyeliner.  Although it is a kohl pencil and did smudge on my undereyes a little bit throughout the course of the day, the nature of the color prevented me from having raccoon eyes.  I would most definitely buy this again...once I go through some other brown liners I have laying around.

Physician's Formula Multi-Colored Face Palette in Healthy Glow Bronzer:  I've always been a fan of Physician's Formula bronzers, and this one was no different.  As suggested, this provided me with a little bit of color in my face, enough to make me look more alive without being too obvious.  It didn't stand out from other Physician's Formulas bronzers that I've used, but that doesn't mean it was a great bronzer to use otherwise.

Dove Pure Verwöhnung Body Wash:  I mostly bought this because it had almonds on the bottle...it had a nice light almond-floral scent and was okay to use but it did not lather up very well.  It wasn't an awful product, but I wouldn't repurchase this again as I'm sure I could find better body washes out there.

Balea Repair + Pflege Spülung:  I bought this travel size to take with me whenever I went on weekend trips.  It was the cheapest conditioner in the travel section, but it actually wasn't a bad conditioner.  It moisturized my hair fine, although my hair is much healthier now than it used to be since I don't use any heat styling on it.  It didn't do a great job with detangling, but that's also not a big issue of mine.  All in all a pretty average conditioner, but it'll do in a pinch. 

Missing from this picture: Murad Clarifying Cleanser, which has worked miracles for my skin but was thrown out a few days ago!

I think I did pretty good work for products finished in the past month!  I've been diligently working away at them for the past four months though...but seeing what I go through encourages me to actually use the items in my collection!

And because I can't resist posting a FOTD...




Don't mind the bags under my eyes.  Or the neglected lips.  Finals season tends wreak havoc on me and I've been seriously neglecting my morning workouts because I'm simply sleeping too late and waking up too late.  A long list of errands and even more studying have also prevented me from working out later during the day, but it'll all be over soon!

I was mostly testing out the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow, which I'm LOVING by the way.  They are so creamy and pigmented, and lasted through a long day without creasing!  I'll post a more detailed review of all my new Kiko items shortly :)

Here's what I wore:


Face:

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer + Revlon Spa

Topshop Nutmeg Cream Blush

Maybelline Purestay Powder Foundation in Nude

Benefit Hoola Bronzer

MAC Fleur Power

MAC Lightscapade



Eyes:

NYX HD Primer

Kiko Long-lasting Eyeshadow Pencil #5 (love how creamy this is!)

UD Half Baked on lid

UD Naked to blend out crease

UD Virgin as highlight

KATE Gel Liner

Max Factor False Lash Effect WP

UD 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner in Lucky



Lips:

Bare Lips :(

Thanks for reading!  For those of you taking finals, good luck.  It'll all be over soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment