Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rediscovered Beauties and a Beautiful Pairing

If the silence in posts the past few days means anything, it means that I've been playing hermit again and not stepping out of my house besides going for a run or wearing any makeup.  Recently I've just felt an unexplainable need to lounge around in my house and relax, and at least try to work on my homework for my online classes.  Usually that means a lot of reading and a little bit of homework.  You see, one of my goals this summer was to actually read for pleasure, which I don't think I've done since...last summer.  

Part of being a hermit this weekend was because of my first book of the summer: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Is it ages old? Yes.  Has everyone on Earth already read it? Yes.  But I haven't gotten around to it and I absolutely adored the movie (the original Swedish version...I haven't gotten around to the American one yet!)  This book has been on my list for ages, and I've finally gotten around to reading it, and it was absolutely fantastic.  Despite having seen the movie already, I still could not put down the book because of the suspense.

The next books on my list?  I have Cold Mountain and The Great Gatsby waiting for me, but I'm looking for new suggestions!  If any of you have any good recommendations, please tell me! I'm open to just about anything.

Now, onto the actual subject of this post...



 I seem to be the expert of not using half the products I actually own....but the Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Coral Reef and Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Park Ave. Peach are making a reappearance!

Read on for more swatches and information:

These two products are products I bought ages ago and just kind of forgot about, but since I finally finished my Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Aqua Crimson (after nearly 5 years! sheesh, that product can last awhile), I needed a new cream blush in my daily rotation.  I have tons of them, but the Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Coral Reef was the brightest, most summery option I had.  I remember buying this in a hurry sometime last year because I thought it was limited edition, but it turns out that it's permanent.  Thank god.

 Even though it looks nearly neon in the pot, it sheers out to quite a subtle shade of coral.  The texture of this cream blush is also a little unlike textures of other cream blushes.  It is dryer, so there's no worry of layering a greasy cream blush in this hot weather, and is has quite a silicone-y texture, which I know some people may dislike.  Personally, it doesn't bother me as it feels quite light on the skin.

However, I don't find that it lasts as long as my beloved Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush.  I'm not sure anything can top that, actually, as that stuff truly lasts all day on me, no matter how late my days are.  I wore the Revlon PhotoReady blush for about 7 hours yesterday, any most of it had disappeared by the time I went to take off my makeup, but I didn't layer another blush on top of it, so that may have had something to do with the lasting power.

The next product featured is the Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Park Ave. Peach.  I bought this sometime in high school, and can you believe that this was a gateway red lipstick for me?  I used to wear this on special occasions, thinking it was a bright lipstick...how times have changed. Those were the days when nude lips and MLBB lips rocked my world.  I wore this yesterday, surprised at how neutral and face brightening it was without being bright at all.  

I would describe the color as a slightly reddish peach color that complements my slightly tanned skin perfecly.  This is definitely not just a "special occasion" lip color anymore.  I could probably wear this daily (if I weren't so fickle, that is) and still have it look pretty toned down.

Natural, cool lighting.  L-R: Revlon Coral Reef swiped, then blended, Maybelline Park Ave. Peach
Natural, warm lighting


And a picture of me wearing both products.  The cream blush is barely noticeable on my skin, but it brings a just-needed color onto my cheeks to make me look more awake.  I didn't add a blush on top, but I did layer MAC Refined MSF for some extra glow.


Not a bad pairing, eh?

Now...back to my beauty blog reading..I mean...homework for this week.  Someone save me!


1 comment:

  1. oh I've just seen The Great Gatsby and I loved it! :) The Revlon blush is so eye-catching!:) great combination!

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete