Monday, June 3, 2013

It's Bright Lip Season....

Actually, who am I kidding...every season is bright lip season, but I don't always wear bright lips during the day.  I try to reserve it for nights out, but yesterday seemed like the perfect day to bust out my bright pink lipstick.

I also wore Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation on its own yesterday, hoping to check out its wear and full coverage on me.  I would say that was a fail since I ended up being outside for an hour, stomping around a park with one of my friends, but I am pleased with what I see so far.

It has a nice almost gel-type consistency, and it spreads out to a nice medium coverage.  I needed concealer to cover up some of my darkest spots, but it covered everything else up perfectly.  My shade is in 857 Golden Tan, and it matched pretty well, but it seemed just a smidge too pink.  It's not enough to really notice unless I don't blend it in well enough.  I would say that this also photographs pretty well, even in flash:


Read on to see more photos, as well as my most recent read:




I'm loving the glowy coverage it provides, and even though I got oily after just an hour since I was outside in 85 degree heat, it hadn't melted or oxidized, or gotten blotchy after 6-7 hours. I applied it with some primer, but I'll be testing it out soon without to see how it holds up then!


When I got back from being outside...a little more oily!

On another note, the Tarte Matte Lipsurgence in Lively holds up like a trooper!  It didn't fade at all, and I've worn it on nights out where it hasn't budged!  It's definitely one of my favorite lip colors.

Products I used:
Face:
L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Golden Tan
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #25
NYC Blushable Cream Stick in Plaza Pink (DC)
Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation 
MAC Emote Contour
MAC Fleur Power Blush
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer (just dotted on cheekbones)
Lorac Spotlight Powder to highlight

Eyes:
NYX HD Powder
MAC Bare Study Paint Pot
MAC Gold  Mode pigment
Inglot #406 eyeshadow
MAC Soba to blend out
KATE Gel Liner
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips:
Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Lively




I've also just finished another book - it seems that the weekends are all about reading now since I don't have to worry about my online classes then.  The most recent book I read was Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man.  It is a compelling memoir of Bill Clegg's crack addiction, and how it took over his life and nearly killed him. I remember seeing this book in Vogue a few years back, and made it a mental note to read it one day.  I finally have and it was an interesting, terrifying, and suspenseful read.  It's not too long, as I was easily able to finish it in a day and a half, so I recommend this to anyone who wants something new to read!














No comments:

Post a Comment