Saturday, June 22, 2013

SOTD and some unusual combinations

I know you all want to know what's in this:



I didn't have any bananas around so I modified it a little bit, and the result was a great protein packed post-workout smoothie.

You're probably also wondering what silver looks like over brown, and what teal glitter looks like over pink lipstick.

Read on to see what I managed to do! 
I'm really wondering how I'm going to live on my own without a Vitamix (aka I'm a poor college student and can't afford my own), but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
For a berry-ful, creamy, and still green smoothie that filled me up after my work out yesterday (4 miles of running, a short 15 minute tabata routine, and a core workout), here's what I whipped together:

1/2 c. Chobani non-fat plain greek yogurt
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
1. c raw kale
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 c. frozen blackberries
1 tsp. chia seeds

I was wondering if this would be sweet enough with just plan yogurt and unsweetened almond milk, but the blackberries added just the perfect hint of sweetness!  I absolutely loved this one.



Continuing my goal to be more experimental with my makeup this summer, I decided to try out a combination that I did not expect to like.  I saw it a few times on other people and fell in love with the effect it created.

For my FOTD yesterday, I wore a shimmery, almost purple toned silver over a dark brown base, and ended up creating a lovely taupe.  I mentioned before that I was having trouble figuring out what to do with the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Cocoa because it was a little too thick to use as an eyeliner, but too dark to use as an all-over-the-lid color.  It turns out that it blends out into a pretty smudgey brown, but it looked even better with the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Liquid Diamond.  Although a stunning shade on its own, cool colors are tough to pull off for me, especially when I'm tan.  This is exactly why my Shop Your Stash project is a challenge for me, but I liked the way it turned out.



Here's the breakdown,


Face:
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream mixed with Smashbox Luminous Tinted Moisturizer
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Topshop Nutmeg Cream Blush
Maybelline PureStay foundation
ELF Golden Bronzer
Milani Radiant Bronzer

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Primer
LM Caviar Stick in Cocoa
L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Liquid Diamond
KATE Gel Liner
Max Factor False Lash Effect WP mascara

Lips:
Neutrogena Moistureshine lipstick in Nectar
MAC Orange Tempura lipglass


Next up,  I have a sizable collection of pale pink lipsticks from my "phase" a couple years back.  I'm very much into my "brights" phase, but I decided to change it up again.  However, instead of just wearing it as a normal pale pink, I layered MAC Summer Shower from a summer collection back in 2011.  It's a glittery lipstick swatched here that I've only worn on a few occasions.  Despite it looking blue in the tube, it's really only glitter and works great as a top layer.  On the theme of unusual pairings, I paired a burgundy eyeliner with a teal liner on my lower lid, and liked how unexpected the combination was.  Definitely a winner for me!  But on that note, the Alverde liquid liner that I bought while in Germany  can be a little finicky.  It worked out fine in the end, but it took a few layers and a minute of waiting for it to dry before I was satisfied with it.



I think I may be getting too tan for the pale pink lipstick look, but I'm kind of embracing the oddness of it right now.  On the plus side, I really liked how my foundation held up today. I'm going on 10 hours now and I look dewy, but not oily at all.  This is a miracle!


Face:
Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundationin 857 Golden Tan mixed with Revlon Colorstay Mousse foundation in Light Medium/Medium
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Maybelline PureStay powder
Milani Radiant Bronzer
theBalm Frat Boy blush
ELF Golden Bronzer to highlight

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Primer
MAC Indianwood paint pot
Clinique Lucky Penny
Maybelline Natural Smokes Quad – “Crease” shade
Alverde Blütenpracht liquid eyeliner
UD 24/7 Eye Pencil in Electric
UD Kiddie Pool to set
Max Factor False Lash Effect WP mascara

Lips:
MAC A Rose Romance
MAC Summer Shower



Last week, I tried out an orange look, and really liked how it turned out, but didn't like how the pictures turned out despite how much I liked the look.  Here's a shot I managed to get of the eyes:


On my face was a combination of my usual Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, but I added it with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation.  I love the formula of the Bourjois foundation, but it's a little too dewy for my for the summer.  I'm sure it'll work great for the fall, though!

On my eyes,



NYX HD Eye Primer
MAC Indianwood Paint Pot
NYX Shangri-La trio
MAC Soba to blend out
MAC Blanc Type to highlight
KATE Gel Liner
UD 24/7 Eyeliner in Lucky
Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara

and lips,
Maybelline Park Ave. Peach
Maybelline Triple Yum ColorSensational lipgloss


Now that I've caught up for the past couple days, it's time to start packing to move back to DC!   Hopefully I can get everything done in time...

1 comment: