Saturday, October 26, 2013

October Shop Your Stash


Even though this Shop Your Stash is being posted when my favorites should be posted, I figured this would still be a good time to show you some of the things I've been using, even if they don't make my favorites list for the month. A lot of these products are part of my transition to fall makeup, meaning berry tones, muted roses.


 Want to see more?  Click after the jump for swatches!





 For the face products, I pulled out some products I used to love and that I want to start using again to hep me get into fall again. Starting with foundation, I used to wear the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation a lot more, but never brought it with me to Germany because it's such a heavy jar.  IN the summer, this shade (Warm Golden) was a little too late, but I am starting to get pale enough to wear this again.  

The next item is the MAC Redhead Mineralized Skin Finish.  Although this is now discontinued, I used to use this a lot more and its been lost in the depth of everything else I own.  I love the beautiful flow that this provides.

The Wet N Wild blush in Mellow Wine is the perfect fall blush because it's muted enough to be subtle while being slightly darker than the bright pinks and corals I've been wearing until now.

The Jane blushes have always been one of my favorite drugstore blushes because of their wearable shades, pigmentation, and lasting power.  The shade Babydoll is subtle and work friendly, giving me a sculpted look without being too obvious.

Despite trying to transition into the fall, I still can't seem to get out of my coral kick, so I had to stick with one more coral blush.  The Clinique Rich Texture Blush in Rich Coral is discontinued now, but I'm really surprised by how subtle and brightening it can be.  It's the only blush I own from Clinique, but now I wonder why I always overlook this.

Last year, the Bare Mineral highlighter in Pure Radiance was part of a Sephora favorites set last year, and I haven't even used it until now.  It's definitely a glowy highlighter, and I know the reason I haven't used it more often is because it's a loose powder. However, the one day that I wore this, I was completely blown away by how healthy I looked.  Although it swatched shimmery, it definitely didn't show up that way on my face.

I also used to love the Revlon Age Defying Concealer, and I picked up a backup before this was discontinued, but never actually ended up using it.  Now that I'm running out of my favorite Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I know that I should pull this out again and start using it.


WnW Mellow Wine, Jane Babydoll, Clinique Rich Coral, MAC Redhead, Bare Minerals Pure Radiance

My favorite eyeshadow from Clinique is Enchanted, and I haven't been able to find this since I received as a GWP a few years ago.  I've been scouring the internet and haven't been able to find this, but it's the perfect smoky, muted, plum shade.  As you can see, I've used quite a bit of this already, and I will be a little sad when this disappears, but I think it's time to start looking for a dupe now!



I have a couple of the ELF Eyeshadows that I always overlook, so I decided to pull out the one in the shade Coffee Bean.  It's actually quite pigmented, and it's a cool brown with some gold glitter dispersed in it.  This fits nicely in my collection because it works as a crease shade or as a one-shade smoky eye.

That bright electric blue item is the Kiko Super Color Eyeliner.  I loved using this in the summer, but what I love most about this eyeliner is the brush.  It's a thin felt tip that has some flexibility so that I can draw either a thick or thin line.  Somehow, my liner always ends up perfect with this eyeliner, and I wish I could wear this more often!  Unfortunately, I was not able to pick this liner up in black when I was in Europe, so this is the only shade I have.

Amore wearable liquid eyeliner is the Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #11.  It's a plum-aubergine color with some subtle shimmer in it.  It has some serious lasting power, but the only gripe I have with this is that the shade is slightly too light to fully define my eyes so I still like to layer a thin line of black eyeliner over it.


Last year, I bought a set of the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil.  The shade I'm using this month is Juju, a golden taupe shade.  I honestly haven't used this much yet, but I still have 4 days left to give it some love!

One of the items from September's Shop Your Stash that I didn't get a chance to use was the Kiko Color Sphere Mineral Eyeshadow in #04b, a shimmery peachy golden shade.  I actually ended up using this quite a bit this month because it works well as an face-brightening shade.

 Lastly for eyes, I have the L'oreal HIP Eyeshadow Duo in Sassy.  Do you guys remember these?  They were some great quality eyeshadows that I still am upset is discontinued.  The duo in Sassy has a beautiful taupe shade and a metallic blue shade.  I admit, I use the taupe shade more, but the blue shade fits the fall surprisingly well.



Clinique Enchanted, ELF Coffee Bean, L'oreal Sassy duo, Kiko #04, UD Juju, MUFE #11, Kiko #107


  The lips products this month are mostly reds and more berry tones, and I've definitely found some surprising favorites.  The first product, the CO Bigelow Ginger Mentha Lipgloss is a shimmery gold gloss that works well on its own or over other lip colors for some subtle shimmer.  I love the scent of this the most- it's a ginger peppermint shade that feels refreshing to me.

MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi Lipstick and Lipgloss are some of my favorite products from MAC, but since they were limited edition, I'm trying to use them sparingly.  They are the most perfect shades or red, and I wish that more MAC lipglasses had the consistency of the Cyndi lipglass.  It's the perfect opacity and not sticky at all.


The next lipstick is a surprising favorite of the month.  It is the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Tempt - a bright berry tone that does a great job of brightening up my face.  I like to wear this as a stain, meaning that I endlessly apply layers and blot until I get the desired opacity and matteness.  With this method, the shade lasts all day.


Ever since I've discovered YSL Glossy Stains, I've started neglecting all my other liquid lipsticks.  Unfortunately, the Max Factor Lipfinity in 102 is no exception.  I don't particularly feel inclined to use this, but it's a great transition shade because of it's plum tones.

The Sephora lip gloss in Bronzed Beauty is a few years old, but I remember thinking that it was too dark when I first bought it.  This was waaay before I started venturing into red and darker lip shades, but right now I view this as the perfect subtle lip gloss that will give me some color without being too obvious. Oh now my tastes have changed..I keep this in my purse since it's so small and easy to throw on.

For some reason I always only wear the ELF Lipstick in Barely Bitten lipstick during the fall, but I've completely fallen in love with this now.  Despite being a $3 lipstick, it has an amazing consistency that's not too slippery or heavy.  It can be sheered down or layered for full coverage, and it doesn't dry out my lips at all.  It actually almost feels like a balm on my lips, which is rare in a lipstick, especially for $3!

Once I found out that the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Cherries in the Glow was discontinued, I stopped using it.  I'm determined to use this up now since I have so many other similar shades.  The Super Lustrous line has my favorite consistency for drugstore glosses, and this subtle red shade is no exception!

Finally, I am reviving an ancient lipgloss - the L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent.  They were my favorite lip products back in the day, but this one was sitting unopened in my collection.  They're great to thrown on when my lips are feeling chapped because they're so moisturizing. This plummy shade also gives the slightest tint on my lips, which I love!


MAC Viva Glam Cyndi l/s, Covergirl Tempt, Max Factor 102, Sephora Bronzed Beauty, ELF Barely Bitten, Revlon Cherries in the Glow, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi l/g, CO Bigelow Ginger Mentha, L'oreal Succulent


What do you guys think of these products?  I really love doing this because it's helping me go through my stash and rediscover products that I might not have used a lot.  Even when I'm in a rut, this does a great job of helping me get ready in the morning when I want something slightly different.  Now the fall is in full force and it's getting cold around here, I can't wait to bring out my deeper plum shades.  Until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment