Friday, August 29, 2014

Catrice Metallure Luminizing Bronzer - Rosy Gold Gallore

Although I'm in no short supply of highlighters, I can't seem to resist a good highlighter when I see one.  During a little foray through the aisles in the German drugstore, I stopped in my tracks at the new Catrice display with some beautiful metallic eyeshadows, nail polishes, lipsticks....and this beauty.



Rose Gold Perfection.


This was one of those products that I knew was going to be mine, even as I tried to convince myself out of buying it.  I was able to pass on the rest of the collection, but a "luminizing bronzer" light enough as a highlighter on my skin is actually something new to my collection.





 This product swatches as a perfect rose gold - a slightly copper/gold shade with a sheen, but no visible shimmer.  The look it gives on the cheeks is very shiny..and very metallic, so I suggest a using a light hand with this one, but it does provide a beautiful glow.

I love the rose-gold tone of this highlighter as it works much better on my tan skin than most champagne highlighters, and it is surprisingly difficult to find highlighters this dark.  Although the point of this collection was to have products providing a metallic effect, I do wish it were a littttle more subtle, but it will be great for when I want a more dramatic look.

The texture of this is also amazing - smooth, buttery, and pigmented. Very pigmented.





And since a regular swatch is sometimes not the most helpful, I actually managed to take some pictures of my makeup one day (!)

After coming back, I finally had the time to play around with some of my makeup again.  After a summer of wearing basically the same products everyday, I am definitely ready to change up my look.  As a result, this FOTD is an amalgamation of many new products.

On my eyes is an Aromaleigh loose pigment in Sherlock Lives and MAC Rose pigment, which I recently acquired in a blog sale. 

On my cheeks is my new favorite blush from Art Deco in shade 02, a review of which is coming soon!  The glow is obviously from the Catrice Metallure Luminizing Bronzer, applied very lightly.




I smile sometimes, I promise
 Full breakdown-
Face:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Golden Caramel mixed with Maybelline 8-in-1 Dream BB Cream
Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector
Bare Minerals Ready Powder Foundation

Cheeks:
Clinique Cream Blush Stick in Glow
Art Deco Blush in 02
Catrice Metallure Luminizing Bronzer

Eyes:
MAC Bare Study Paint Pot
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Aromaleigh Loose Shadow in Sherlock Lives (lid)
MAC Rose pigment (outer lid)
Too Faced Eyeshadow in Soiree from the A Few of my Favorite Things holiday palette(to darken crease)
Clinique champagne shade (inner corner)
Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume WP

Lips:
I'm not exactly sure anymore but I'm certain it was the P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in Mona Lisa Smile


Have any of you picked this highlighter up?  What about other products in this collection?  Let me know!

Keep up with me:



1 comment: