Saturday, January 3, 2015

Chloe - the perfume of my dreams

It's funny and also wonderful how certain scents are such strongly associated with memories.  For this reason (among many others), that Chloe is my favorite perfume.  I received it as a birthday present from a friend a few years ago, and brought it with me when I went to Germany for the first time to study. That's four straight months of using this perfume everyday, and four months of fantastic memories. Everytime I wear this scent now, all of those memories come flooding back to me.  Memories of cold, icy mornings walking to the U-bahn stop in the mornings, minutes after rolling the scent on my wrists.  Memories of late nights out at bars with friends, adventures wandering around Berlin....this along with Chloe being one of my most lusted-after scents before I had this perfume.  




So when I saw this trio on sale at Sephora, I knew I had to get a replacement for my now almost empty rollerball.

While this particular set is not available anymore, I snagged it awhile back when it was on sale for $30, an absolutely steal for three rollerballs including one of my favorites of all time - Chloe Eau de Parfum, which is $25 on its own.  It also includes two other signature Chloe scents - L'eau de Chloe and Love Chloe.




They are both beautiful scents, with L'eau de Chloe being slightly more green and woodsy, while Love Chloe is slightly sweeter and more floral scent.  I'm so excited to wear both of these new scents in addition to a fresh new rollerball of Chloe.

I don't talk about perfumes much on here because I tend to stick to my favorites, but it's about time that I talked about my favorite perfume of all time!  While I'm not the type of person to have a certain signature scent, I do tend to have a few go-to scents, all of which are slightly florally with a musky amber or vanilla or jasmine base.  Chloe fits in perfectly, being sweet and florally, but also fresh.  It's unlike any other scent I've ever smelled

1 comment: