Thursday, August 20, 2015

Beat the Heat Makeup

While the August usually signals the beginning of the end of summertime, I can assure you that the heat is still going strong here in DC.  I've compiled a few things that have helped keep my makeup on throughout the day  and they have quickly become some staple products.










The first is the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.  I think this is definitely the top product of 2015, so far.  Nothing has ever kept my makeup so matte and long-lasting before, so I am officially declaring this HG status.


Another (semi) new find is the Milani Multi-tasker Powder.  It is a powder foundation with light-medium coverage that I usually use to set my foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturizer of the day.  It blurs my pores, is dark enough to match my (very) tan summer skin, and also lasts throughout the day.  I'm not sure this is still available in stores, but I am thoroughly enjoying this as a good summer powder.

I've been in a liquid liner phase this year, completely neglecting all my gel liners in favor for a quick wing. Once I finished my beloved Physician's Formula Eye Booster eyeliner, I decided to try a cheaper eyeliner, the Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner with pretty good results. I wouldn't say it's 100% budge-proof, but it has been working just fine for these hot summer days.

If given the choice, I would probably wear blue liner every day.  Navy blue just does a fantastic job of brightening my eyes, especially when I haven't quite enough sleep for the night, while still looking subtle enough for everyday wear.  I somehow have acquired two navy eyeliners - the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner and the Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Sabbath.  The Stila version is a pen, while the Urban Decay version has a brush tip, and I actually like both of them for different purposes.  The Stila version is more convenient when I need to be out the door 5 minutes ago, but I like the richer pigment of the Urban Decay version.

As for blush, it's not secret that I've been loving the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles and the Josie Maran Coconut Water Blush, and it is mainly because they have fantastic lasting power, even through heat, sweat, and water.  The Becca Shimmer Souffles feel slightly more powdery and creamy, while the Josie Maran versions are a cool gel texture with some staining power.  I have absolutely been alternating between this blushes this summer.

I have previously been a huge fan of the Urban Decay All-Nighter Spray, but I recently decided to try out the De-Slick Spray, and I have been absolutely loving it.  In addition to keeping my makeup intact all day, this boosts the effectiveness of the Becca Ever Matte Primer to ensure that my makeup does not melt off.


As you can see, this summer has been all about sticking to the basics.  I find that when the weather is near impossible to get dressed for, having a routine with some great staple products that prevent my face from melting off are key.  

Do you have any products that are absolutely must-haves for the summer?  Anything else to add to this list? Let me know!


Also be sure that you follow me on other outlets to see what else I'm up to:
Instagram - all my day-to-day adventures
Bloglovin' - keep up with my blog posts!
Pinterest - find out where I'm shopping and what I'm cooking next!

No comments:

Post a Comment