Thursday, December 26, 2013

Leaving cookies out for Santa....

Christmas time = Christmas cookies.  Nothing gets me in the mood for baking like the holiday season does. It fills the house up with a tantalizing scent of butter and sugar, and as we all know, food brings the family together. 

Even while trying to eat clean, I took a liiitle break and took a few more liberties than normal.  Those that know me well know I almost never use butter, sugar, or flour in my baking.  This week I used all three.  What a shocker, right?  In addition to the traditional shortbread cookies that are oh so classic for Christmas, I decided to feed my addiction of peanut butter by making peanut butter cookies. 

I messed around with a few different recipes, and am extremely happy with how they came out.  They were dad AND brother approved.  It's a pretty basic peanut butter cookie recipe and absolutely loved it.  

I tried snapping some pictures while baking and afterwards, but the lighting was pretty dismal wherever I went.  I did my best though..



A warm plate of cookies for Santa!

Click after the jump to see what I did!



The ingredients I used yielded 17 cookies, but as always, it will vary depending on how big you decide to make them.  Some of the measurements weren't completely measured, so have fun playing around with it!  This recipe is definitely one of the most basic and classic recipes out there.

Ingredients
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients together - I didn't particularly use a certain order, but it would be wise to beat the sugars and egg together first, add the peanut butter, and then add the flour. 



Once the ingredients are mixed, spoon out tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.  Feel free to add some designs!  I just used a fork to press some lines in. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.



Enjoy, and try not to eat the whole batch (in one sitting, at least).




These cookies were amazing while they lasted (a day and a half),but now I'm attempting to get my diet back in shape.  Back to (mostly) clean eating I go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment