Friday, May 23, 2014

May 2014 Empties

To kick off my beauty posts again, I decided to clear out some things that have been sitting in my room and show you all my empties.  To reiterate all my past posts, I like showing my empties as a way to show the products I liked enough to actually finish.  It's also a pathetic little attempt at justifying the amount of makeup I have by seeing the products I actually finish. It works....right?






I'm happy to report that there are a good amount of makeup empties this time!  A few of them are everyday products, but empties are empties to me :p





Starting off with the body and skincare products, I used up another Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. It's been a staple in my skincare for years...since middle school, at least. I use this heavily in the winter, and mix it with the gel when the weather is warmer.  A complete necessary product that I always have backups of.  

Next is the Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash.  I love it because it's unscented and as moisturizing as advertised, but I'm really not picky with my bodycare.  I like scented body washes sometimes, but something that's more moisturizing for my dry skin is more important in the end.

Last for the skincare is the CD Feuchtigkeitspflege, a German body cream that worked wonders for my skin on  my body and face.  It's rare that I find a lotion that can work for both, but this did it.  The travel size made it the perfect travel companion so I didn't have to take a separate body lotion of face lotion, and I plan on buying a larger size of this when I go back to Germany later this summer!


A semi-dizzying shot of all my makeup empties beings with an ancient Oil of Olay Nail Polish that I've had for an embarrassingly long time. I've actually used as much of this as I can reach with my brush (side note: why don't they make these brushes reach the bottom of the bottle??).  I actually wore this shade fairly often, since it was the perfect burgundy shade; however, my nail polish collection is now large enough that I have pretty adequate replacements for this now-discontinued brand. 

I also finished another Maybelline Purestay Powder Foundation.  I've finished countless compacts of these because it does a great job of providing coverage and keeping me matte.  This has sadly now been discontinued, but I luckily still have a few more backups!

My usual mascara empty this time is the Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara.  I raved about it in my January favorites.  I have a few mascaras to go through, but as I wrote about before, I am really impressed with how this mascara performed!

One of my goals (makeup-wise) is to finish some of my concealers so I can focus on the ones that I really love.  First on the list was the Revlon  Age Defying Spa Concealer.  It was one of those pen concealers that you had to click up.  I actually really liked this concealer because it was light and moisturizing, but I found that sometimes the coverage was a little too light.

Another essential that I finished is black gel liner.  I'm not tooo picky with them as long as they're a deep black color and last throughout the day.  The (also now-discontinued) Physician's Formula Gel Liner that was part of their "brown-eyes" trio was a staple for me.  However, although it did its job, my favorite gel liner is still either the Kanebo Kate or the Essence version.

It's rare that I don't want to ever finish a product up, but with the Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector, that's exactly what happened.  I was using this as sparingly as possible because its an absolute HG product for my undereye circles, and I was desperately trying to avoid finishing it and needing to rebuy it....but all good things have to come to an end and I did eventually end up finishing it.  Don't worry though, I already have another one that I'm using!

I also have two lip products hiding in the bottom of the photo - the Fresh Rose Lip Balm - which I love for it's light rosy tint and how incredibly moisturizing it is.  This saved me from having dry chapped lips and always refreshed me!  And lastly, I finally finished the Maybelline Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Blush.  This was my HG for years, and when I found out they were discontinuing the line awhile back, I stopped using it altogether so that I wouldn't actually finish it.  Since then, I've found some pretty convincing dupes, making it possible for me to pull this back out and finish it without being traumatized...

Not pictured in the above photo, but in the first photo is the Origins Vitazing.  I loved this product and will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.  It is a great (slightly) tinted moisturizer that actually can replace a moisturizer for me sometimes.  It gave me a great glow and just ever so slightly evened out my skintone so that I looked a little more polished.  This was essential this winter for those days that I woke up 10 minutes before class and had to get ready ASAP!



Finally, for some samples and a lipbalm by C.O. Bigelow (the lemon and blueberry version) that I used every night.  I'm trying to use up all my perfume samples, so I have the DKNY Be Delicious and the Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck samples.  I actually like both perfumes, although I don't think either of them lasted long enough on my skin to warrant paying for a full size.  I may consider the Taylor Swift one as a rollerball in the future, though.  

At the top is the Drybar 100 proof Treatment Oil.  I'm kind of mixed on this - it did a good job at making my hair sleek and shiny, but I tend to want to add more texture to my hair.  I suppose it does what it says it will do, and it works for when I need to blowdry my hair, but I wouldn't typically use this product. 

And lastly is a tiny sample of the Goldfaden MD Vital Boost Even Skintone Daily Moisturizer.  I was randomly going through my samples and picked this out....it was alright, but nothing special.  I didn't quite use it enough to see if it broke me out, but I did notice a couple extra bumps during the couple days I was using it.  Because I know the Clinique DDML  works for me, I probably would not purchase this one. 


Whew, that's a lot of products!  It definitely feels good to know that I'm actually using products up, so that I have room for new products! What are some products you've been using up or loving lately?  Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. What were the dupes that you found for the lipstick?

    http://stylesbynancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy!

    Some of my best dupes have also been discontinued by now, but if you can still find it, the Rimmel Moisture Renew Liptick in Spotlight Beige, the new L'oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Glosses in Blushing Harmony. For a sheer version, try the L'oreal Color Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete