Monday, June 10, 2013

Crazy for Chia Seeds! + A New Highlighter to Love

Chia seeds have quickly gone to the top of my list of foods to be eating everyday.  I add them to everything - tea, milk, oatmeal, granola, smoothies.  Its omega-3 and fiber content make it a great addition to everything, especially because of its mild flavor.

I had previously heard of chia seed pudding, but never tried it out until yesterday.  I didn't get very creative, and I only followed a recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers, but it was DELICIOUS anyway!  I can't wait to get more fruits to incorporate into it. 



I used the same recipe, but added slightly more of everything. A little mishap also caused me to add more sugar than intended...I meant to only add 1 tsp, but it ended being around 2 1/2.  It wasn't too sweet, but it didn't quite make it into a low sugar dessert like I planned to.


Chia seed noms.


 Continue reading to see my recipe, and a new highlighter that gives me a perfect glow!




 Here's how I changed the recipe:
1/3 c. chia seeds
1 c. unsweetened almond milk (If I had sweetened, I would not have added sugar)
1 T. Cocoa powder
2 Tsp. sugar

I mixed it all up and let it sit in the fridge overnight, and this afternoon, I had myself a nice refreshing snack!  I also added some blueberries and granola on top.  Yuuuum.

Also, a quick FOTD before I went to dinner last night.  I tried out a few more products that have gone unloved, and was surprised to realize one of my products wasn't a total fail, like I had previously thought.

I bought the ELF Giddy Gold blush a couple years ago during one of their big sales, and was horrified when it swatched very glittery.  I put it away, scared of how it would look on my face, but I stumbled on a review of it recently. Upon seeing some glowing reviews, I decided to take it out and try it again.  I applied it with a stippling brush, and the result was a verrrry subtle, gold glow.  This might just be the surprise product of the year.  It gave me a better glow than my MAC Refined MSF, only because it was much more subtle. However, because it's so gold, I think I could only wear this with a tan.  This might be too gold when I'm paler.  Nonetheless, I'll enjoy it while I can!






Face: Base products as usual
Stila Make Me Blush (LE from Valentines Day a couple years ago)
ELF Giddy Gold to Highlight

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Primer
MAC Indianwood pp
NYX Peach from Shangri-La trio
Maybelline Natural Smokes - crease shade (like MAC Satin Taupe)
KATE Gel Liner
Benefit They're Real! mascara

Lips:
Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Peach
  Thanks for looking!  If any of you have more chia seeds recipes to try, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. wow I've never heard abou chia seeds before!:) I must try them out! and your make-up looks amazing as always!:)

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are one of my favorite things! I love adding them to just about anything :)

      Delete