Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crazy for Pineapple and Some More Food

Looks like I'm getting domestic...I've been on a whirlwind of cooking and baking lately.  I think it's the boredom of being at home and having nothing better to do, but my family's certainly not complaining!

Starting with some cupcakes - we had some extra pineapple on hand and wanted to get rid of a box of cake mix so I added them together for some pineapple cupcakes.  Super simple, and no one can get boxed mix wrong.




Continue reading for some more food deliciousness!






A nice golden brown, and no icing because I'm not a fan of it :p
They're not the healthiest, but they're mostly for my dad anyway, as a consolation for all my "healthy" experiments, haha.


And for some more smoothies - I swear, half the reason I love making them is because it helps us go through large amounts of fruit quickly.  They're delicious though, so I'm not complaining.

I had no spinach or kale, so it isn't necessarily a green smoothie, but I added some hemp and flax seeds for extra fiber and some omega-3s.  I used more pineapple, and added some kiwis for a more tropical flavor.  It's pretty similar to my past kiwi-pineapple smoothie, but with some variation.  It's always fun to play around, and I haven't really gone wrong with my recipes!



Here's what I used for 4 cups worth:
1 banana
3 kiwis
2c. chopped pineapple
1c. water
2T flax seeds
1T hemp seeds

The result was a little more tart than my last one, since I only used one banana, but it was still sweet enough for my liking!  It makes it feel a little lighter too, if that makes sense.

Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables (although if I think about it...they're ALL my favorites), but I usually just steam it so I wanted to try something different today.  I found this roasted cauliflower recipe on skinnytaste.com and followed it pretty much to a tee, only adjusting to the amount of cauliflower that I had.  I think mine turned out pretty well, but I think I like the texture when it's steamed a little more.







Now that I have my food out of the way, I can go back to editing my pictures for some more beauty related posts.  But on the subject on food, I am seriously addicted to my homemade trail mix of walnuts, peanuts, craisins, raisins, almonds, and chocolate chips.  Somebody needs to take it away from me..I can't stop eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment