Saturday, June 1, 2013

Nail Polish Pick of the Week

I'm posting on the go today to give you all a quick update.  I've discovered an unlikely summer nail polish favorite from Catrice.  I bought this shade a few months ago because it was a unique shade and didn't imagine I would wear it until the fall, but I pulled it out a few days ago because I wanted a darker color on my nails.

I was surprised to see how much I loved it, and how suitable it was summer, especially since I have a slight tan right now.  The color is a unique mix of maroon and brown with a little bit of gold glitter that's barely noticeable on the nails.  When I'm indoors it even looks like a dark purple.  I've never seen a shade like it, but call me obsessed! 



Catrice nailpolishes don't last as long as Essie or OPI polishes, but this is my 3rd day of wear and only two fingers have minor chips in them.  I used the Seche Vite base coat and topcoat and I know they definitely prolong the wear of my polishes.

The shade name is 23 The Monkey Gets Funky.  Unfortunately, Catrice is Europe only, but if any of you can get your hands on it, please do!  They were only 2,75€ (around $4) and worth every Euro!


Also added a bonus picture of me wearing my sneaker wedges from Urban Outfitters.  They look great with everything!  I pulled a casual look today with just a slouchy tshirt and some denim shorts.  I'll be home soon for some monthly favorites so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment