Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SOTD, NOTD, and dinner

Okay, last food post before I post something beauty related, I promise!  I tried out a new smoothie again, wanting to add some extra protein.

Presenting, a thick protein smoothie:

In goes avocado, a banana, cocoa powder, protein powder, kale, and frozen blackberries!

Continue reading for my newest recipe, nail polish love, and dinner!



 The result was thick, as predicted, and not as sweet as my other smoothies.  If I were going to make this again, I would probably add more blackberries, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Here's what I used to make 3 cups (split into 2 servings):
1/2 avocado
1 banana
1 T cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 c. water
1 c. frozen blackberries
1 handful of kale (about 1c)
1 tsp. flax seeds

Mixing all these ingredients is incredibly fun for me.  I love combining whatever I have into something nutrient packed!

 I also have been making dinner more recently, in case no one could tell.  Continuing my low-carb obsession (and fear of pasta and bread), I made some zucchini noodles, and lemon herb baked chicken breast.


 4 zucchinis shaved and microwaved until tender, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper made for a delicious non pasta-pasta.

The chicken recipe was pretty easy, too.  I just followed this recipe after looking for searching for some ideas.  I absolutely loved the result :)



 In between my cooking and working out (WOTD: a couple of back toning videos, and a 4ish mile run), I finally redid my nails.  I loovvve me some glitter, although I rarely do it!


Sephora 'Only Gold for Me' and theBalm 'Princess'



I can't stop staring at my nails.  I rarely use this nail polish because it doesn't always flatter my skintone, but the glitter covers that up perfectly!

I swear, my life has become nothing except working out, cooking, and doing my homework.  I'll start doing something exciting eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment