Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Empties: December 2014 Edition

I have a confession: these empties have been building up for a long time.  Some of these products are from August or September, and I have just honestly been too lazy to talk about them.  But a perk of being lazy is that I now have lots of empties (including makeup) to show....









The Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash is a great basic, scentless, and moisturizing body wash that I particularly like during the winter months.  It doesn't dry my skin out, and I notice my skin being much more moisturized when I use this.
Repurchase? Not yet, but I would in the future.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is my HG cleanser.  I love this for preventing and clearing up breakouts. And a tube of this lasts forever. I think I had this tube for over a year.
Already repurhcased.

Another HG toner that I have used up over and over again is the Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion.  Also love for clearing up breakouts.  Already repurchased.  Already almost finished with another one.

I also finished two makeup removers - the Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and the Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover.  I honestly can't tell a difference between the two, so I would just repurchase the Neutrogena from now on.

In the first picture, but not the one above is the Batiste for Brunettes Dry Shampoo.  This is a staple for me. I like the brunette version so I don't get a white cast, but I already have another one of these.



At the very corner is a sample of the Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. It was a good basic moisturizer, but I don't think it was anything spectacular. It didn't break me out, which is a plus, but I'm happy with my Clinique lotions.
Repurchase?  I would...but I don't have any desire to.

Speaking of Clinique, here is another Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion that is an absolute must-have for me.
Already repurchased.

I've become a hand cream convert, and the Soap and Glory Hand Food did a brilliant job. It was thick, non-greasy, and moisturizing.  I've purchased some other hand creams for now, but I would love to come back to this one.
Repurchase? not yet.

I snuck in a beauty item, but I finally finished the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream.  I'm pretty eh on this one.  It was sheer and I liked that it had some SPF(30), but it had absolutely no oil control at all.  
Repurchase? Probably not.

A new-ish product that I did like was the Boscia Cleansing Oil-Gel.  It removed all my makeup easily, and didn't leave an oily residue behind.  
Repurchase? Not now, but I will when I'm finished with my most current makeup remover.

On the right-side is the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream, which I am sad to use up.  It did exactly what it said it would do - moisturize without being greasy, and it was refreshing.  I love this especially during the summer.
Repurchase? When the weather starts warming up again, yes!



There are few non-waterproof mascaras that I like, but the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara was one of them.  It was lengthening, volumizing, and it lasted through the whole day.  
Repurchase? I probably wouldn't buy it, but I would love more deluxe samples of this!

Once in awhile, I'll reach into my stash of perfume samples and try them out.  My most recent one was the Ed Hardy Perfume. Eh.  I used it and it was okay but I'm glad it's gone.
Repurchase? No.

I've always liked Physician's Formula bronzers, but the Happy Booster bronzer really blew me away.  It was dark, not too warm toned, and worked as a contour and a highlight. I have so many bronzers, but this was one of my favorites.
Repurchase?  Not yet, but I would.





I always use blotting sheets, and I'm not really picky with them, so the ELF Shine Erasers are just another brand I like to buy from for cheap and effective blotting sheets.
Repurchase? Yes.

With regular mascaras, I am also not very picky, so the Maybelline Turbo Volume Express Mascara did its job.  It wasn't spectacular though.

Repurchase? No.

I've always liked the Clinique Blushwear Cream Sticks, so I was actually sad to use this up.  They've always been so effortless and creamy to apply. I"m not sure if these have been replaced by the Chubby Sticks for Cheeks, yet, but I do really want to try those out.....
Repurchase? I enjoyed them while I had them, but probably not.

The Revlon Protective Lip Tints have been long discontinued, but I still love them.  They are similar to the Lip Butters now.

Another discontinued, but well-loved product is the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses, particularly in the shade Cherries in the Glow. It was the perfect sheer red lipgloss that I wish still existed.

The Sephora Lip gloss was a gift from Sephora way back, and I'm honestly glad I used this up.  They aren't the best glosses.

And finally, a product that went bad was the MAC Ripe and Rich Lipglass.  It's very rare that something will go bad before I use it up, but I've had this for awhile so I'm not too surprised.  It was a beautiful and unique red lipgloss with some turquoise sparkle running through it.  I'm not a huge fan of lipglasses, but if they re-release it, I will gladly pick it up again!

Wow, that was a lot of empties. I think I'll avoid putting off these posts anymore!  I hope you enjoyed going through my trash as much as I did ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment