Sunday, December 21, 2014

FOTD with some new items! Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

 In the middle of all my essay writing and studying, it is only natural that I would do a little.....okay, a lot of hauling to tide me over.  Unfortunately, as busy as I was, I didn't actually get to wear any of what I bought until this week, making this a very fun week of trying and wearing new products.  It 
has resulted in me wearing possibly every new product I have at once, but at least now my mornings are a little more exciting!

Today, I will be featuring the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Berry Bliss, a deep wine shade that lightly stains the cheeks for an all day wear.  I've had my eye on this product for months now, and I'm so glad I was finally able to pick it up during the sales this year.

I was looking something to make me look flushed, and Berry Bliss looked like the best shade, although some of the other shades looked gorgeous as well.




It looks pretty scary in the pan, but swatched and on the cheeks it is a sheer and natural looking berry shade.  I think even very fair skintones would be able to pull this off because it is so sheer upon first pass, but it is definitely buildable.







Since I don't do nearly enough before and after pictures, here are some to demonstrate just how sheer this blush is:


No Blush/foundation only


One layer of blush blended



Two layers of blush

See how you can barely see it? it's great for those days when you need some color to put some life back in your face, but you really don't want to look like you've added a ton of blush.  Yeah, I'm all about that.

Just for the record, this stuff also lasts for a seriously long time.  Granted, I did add a powder blush over this, but I am going on 14 hours of wear and my blush is still going strong.


Also on my face is Nars Douceur blush over the Watercolor Cheek Gelee, the Lorac Pro palette over the Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Amethyst, the Maybelline Master Dream Highlight in Nude, and the Maybelline Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice.





 Although honestly, I think I like it without the lipstick better this time....







I'll just add right now that Nars Douceur is becoming one of my favorite blushes....

It feels good to finally show my face on here, again!  Get ready for an unleashing of a full backlog of posts! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment