Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette FOTD

 I told myself I didn't need the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette ($42), but alas, I found myself picking this up in ULTA...and not putting it back down again.  The warm neutrals in both warm and cool shades paired with the silky smooth texture had me in love at first swatch.


First, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. 




And it gets better when you open it.







Absolute neutral heaven, complete with a highlight, warm crease/blending shade, mauvey shades, cool ashy purple/grey shades (drool), and just the slightest hint of color with a deep purple and navy.



The shades don't actually swatch too great on my arm, especially since the lighter tones work as the perfect nude contour shades and blend well into my skin, but on my eyes, they're magic.  Just believe me on this one.  I will say that they are beautifully pigmented and smooth; there's no skipping eyeshadows here!






The last two shades on the bottom right are the "transformer shades" - to top the other shades to make them have more of a shimmer finish.  It's a great idea, although I'll mostly likely use them alone rather than layering them over other shades.



As beautiful as the shades were in the pan, they were even better applied.  They were pigmented, smooth, and blended like a dream.  The pigmentation isn't quite like Make Up For Ever-pigmented, but it's like a satin-y, buildable, soft, pigmentation.  I was surprised with all the shades that I used and how easy it was to create a seamless smoky look.



I did a quick little FOTD with the palette using Peace on the lid, Cozy in the crease, a little dab of Spice in the outer corner, and Snow Angel as a highlight.  It was the perfect soft smoky eye that a refreshing break from my old bronzey looks to something more darker toned.  I'm completely in love with the sheerness of these shades, which prevents the whole look from being too dark.  Needless to say, I'm in love.





 On the rest of my face:
Revlon Nearly Naked foundation
Josie Maran Watercolor cheek Gelee in Berry Bliss
Nars Blush in Douceur


Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Amethyst as a base

Milani Infinity Liquid Eye Liner in Rich Brown
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Pencil in Sin as an inner highlight


Lips:

Maybelline Color Elixir in Caramel Infused (hint: I'm in LOVE with this!)


So basically, if you see this palette, get it before it's gone!  I think after this, I'm a total convert to It Cosmetics!


No comments:

Post a Comment