Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review - Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain: Keeping It Fresh and Light for Summer!

Once it starts getting really warm around here (aka real summer), I have to start being a little more tactical about my makeup.  I can't just throw on any old product and expect it to last throughout the day, so my most long-wearing and fuss-free makeup comes out to play during this time. 

Although a post is coming up featuring some summer/hot weather essentials, I wanted to dedicate this post to the Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine.



Keep reading to see my thoughts on it and how I like to wear it!



It was part of my 'Shop Your Stash' Project, and I've been reaching for it more and more as the weather gets warmer.   This week has been the hottest since I've been home, and I don't want to be layering on tons of makeup just to have it all melt off.  This goes for cheek products as my cheeks get oily before any other part of my face, making it feel uncomfortable if I'm wearing too much makeup, as well as lip products like lipgloss, which is just plain uncomfortable and heavy in the summer.

Enter My Sunshine
$22.50 for
Available at Vincentlongo.com

It is a beautiful, fresh red lip and cheek gel stain that is absolutely weightless and non drying on both my cheeks and lips.  When I don't want to be layering products or have to worry about them melting, this is what I have been using.  The result looks fresh and lighter, and when I'm running around during the day, I don't have to worry about touching up because this lasts so long!

I put on some foundation in this picture because I wanted to test out the longevity of this combination, but lately I've just been wearing concealer, powder, some of the cheek stain, and a little touch of bronzer before I'm out the door.  Other than a few spots on my lower cheeks, I feel like my skin has been doing pretty well lately to get away without wearing any other base products!


Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine on cheeks and lips alone



I'm absolutely loving the natural look the lip/cheek stain is giving me while still making me look alive.  I'm also VERY glad that this doesn't dry out my lips at all!  Some lip stains I've tried do nothing except make my lips peel so that I end up looking like a flaky mess after a couple hours, but I wore this comfortably through my entire day of shopping while touching up just once after eating lunch.  Although it's not perfectly even unless my lips are in perfect condition (which is never...), this hides the lines and flakes much better than any other stain I've ever tried!

As a blush, it also just adds a "barely there" flush to deceive anyone from thinking you're wearing blush, while leaving them wondering what makes you look so alive.  Perfect in my book! ;)  It makes it worth the $22.50 price tag and scarce availability to me. 

And even though it isn't the point of this post, I'm happy to say I've found a great summer-time foundation routine that kept me oil free for NINE HOURS.  This is a freaking miracle.  It's a mix of the Shiseido SPF 60 sunscreen, Revlon Colorstay Mousse, Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation.  I see this being a staple for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment