Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Empties Post #2

Do you ever have those days when nothing seems to go right?  You wake up and everything just feels wrong, your plans don't go right, you don't get things done when you want to, and everything seems to go wrong at the same time?  

I think I can safely say that I had the worst start to the week ever.  I moved back to DC all excited to start looking for jobs and doing my own thing, until I left my wallet on a bus.  THANK GOD I found it, but it was the most stressful two hours of waiting for the bus to come back to the same stop. Can you believe that there is no way for the people working at the metro center to communicate with the bus drivers, meaning I had to hope for the best that someone turned in my wallet.  Needless to say, I have a little more hope for humanity when my wallet was indeed, turned in with all my cards and cash intact!

On top of that, my phone somehow completely died yesterday.  Although I had planned to get a new phone soon anyway, I had wanted to keep this phone intact for when I went back abroad since it's unlocked.

This all contributed to my inability to get things done (i.e. my online classes and much needed grocery shopping) and messing up some serious plans.  This morning, I woke up determined to start getting into a normal routine and get things done.  I'm happy to say I got a new phone (and resisted against the iPhone again and got the new Samsung Galaxy S4), got my groceries, and got some job applications....with a little bit of retail therapy to get over the stress of the past few days (but that's for another post!).  

The past couple months I've been working on finishing more products - I have a good amount to show, but I'm near the end of many products right now so my next post will be much more exciting!



 Keep reading to see what I thought of these products and if I would buy them again!



 Cliniqe Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:  This is an absolute HG item that I always have on hand.  It always clears up any acne that I may have and I feel that it has really helped in prevention as well.

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes: I used to use these every day until I started using oil cleansers such as Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil.  I still like to use this on days  I'm wearing lighter makeup, or when I'm feeling particularly lazy.  They're not a must-have anymore, but I like having a pack on hand.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion:  I mainly use this in the summer, but I love how fresh this makes me feel as it has a great cooling effect.  I actually notice that this keeps my skin less oily throughout the day, especially during the humid summer months.  I don't have another one of these right now simply because I have so many other moisturizers, but I would definitely repurchase this!

Neutrogena Visibly Bright Facial Cleanser:  This was a deluxe sample from a Target Beauty Bag early last year.  I actually really enjoyed using this, especially in the morning.  It had a nice grapefruit scent and it was a great basic cleanser for the morning.  I wouldn't repurchase this right now because I like some acne prevention in my cleansers, but I would repurchase this if I needed something more basic.


 Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shower Gel:  This was my birthday present from Sephora a couple years ago, and I actually really enjoyed using it!  It smelled delicious, but not too cloying, making it suitable for everyday use.  I really liked that it didn't dry out my skin, and it makes me interested in trying out other Philosophy products in the future.

CVS Strengthening Nail Polish Remover: I originally bought this because it was on sale, but wasn't too pleased with it.  It didn't remove all my nail polishes that well, and I wouldn't even think about trying to remove glitter with this.  I also found that it didn't do a great job of strengthening my nails either.  I have another bottle of ti that's good for normal nail polish, but I have other nail polish removers I like better!

Finally, some makeup products:

 
Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Aqua Crimson: You have all seen me use this over and over, and indeed, I have been using this for years on an almost daily basis.  Lesson learned, trying to use 11.5 grams of products takes FOREVER.  Even though I just wanted to finish this by the end,  this is the best formula of blush I have ever used.  It's slightly spongey, and feels really light and almost liquidy on the skin when applied.  It then stain to a beautiful natural finish that seriously lasts all day - better than all cream or powder blushes I've used.  I have two more that I can't wait to start using, and I think they are worth every penny of their $45 price tag, although I tend to look for sales when I buy them.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion in SPF 55:  I am so upset this got discontinued, since it kept me matte throughout the summer, no matter how hot or humid it was.  It works as a great primer, and is also a great sunscreen as I never got sunburned when I used this.  In fact, it was so effective that my face remained much much paler than my face, since I only occasionally used it on my body.  I have the SPF 60 version now, and sadly, the formula does not keep my matte for as long.

Cover Girl Lash Blast: One of my favorite mascaras, hands down.  It doesn't smudge on me at all, and even though it isn't waterproof, it holds just a teeensy bit of a curl to make my eyes look more awake.  I try other mascaras but always come back to this one.

Neutrogena Moisture Lip Shine in Nectar:  This has been discontinued by now, but it was a great moisturizing sheer lipstick that was the perfect MLBB color.  It had just enough color to even out my lip color and give it a sheen while lightly tinting them with a peachy-beige shade.  Although I'm sad it is discontinued, I find these sheer and glossy MLBB shades show up all over the place with just the slightest variation in shades, so I'm not too devestated.

So, this wasn't too many items, I honestly am just gearing up for the next post, when I know I'll have much more products used up!

Also, once I get into a better routine here, I'm sure I'll be back to posting like crazy.  I have so much to show and talk about, and not enough time - always a problem of mine....


No comments:

Post a Comment