Monday, April 22, 2013

FOTD: Playing with some brights

Springtime in Berlin is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful things I've seen.  After a brutal and very grey winter, seeing the sun every morning is enough motivation for me to crawl out of bed before 9am and go on a morning run. 

Workout of the Day:
10k run
short arm workout consisting of pushups, tricep dips, and tricep extensions

I never thought I would be able to manage running even 8k, let alone 10k, but they are becoming a norm for me now.  With this weather and some beautiful parks in Berlin, it's definitely less painful that it could be!

Even with finals this week, I can't resist taking a (very) long break from studying by talking a walk through the streets and hitting up a few cafes in the afternoon.  The weather and the sun are taking me out of my makeup rut and inspiring me to do something a little brighter - an accent of a yellow-lime eyeshadow and a cheerful pink lip.  It's definitely a refreshing change from the taupes and neutrals that I've been wearing all year!



 See what I used after the jump!


I'm loving my new pink lipstick from Kiko Cosmetics, an Italian makeup brand only available in Europe. It's the perfect shade to brighten up my face without being too bright.  A further review will be coming soon!


Products used:


Face:
SK Radiant TM in Beige
Maybelline Purestay powder in Nude
PF Healthy Wear Bronzer
Topshop Nutmeg Cream Blush
MAC Dolly Mix
MAC Lightscapade

Eyes:
NYX HD Primer
MAC Bare Study
Lancome Filigree in inner lid
Catrice Yellow Submagreen Quad - yellow on lid, olive green in the crease and on the the lower lashline
Lancome Mochacchino to blend out the crease
MAC Blanc Type to Highlight
Kate Gel Liner
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara WP

Lips:
Kiko Smart Lipstick in 904
  
This is actually my last week of my semester abroad in Berlin.  I can't even begin to describe my experiences and how much I've fallen in love with the city, but here's a picture that sums it all up:



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment