Sunday, April 28, 2013

Paris - Day One

Hello from Paris!  The first day of my vacation was spent having a birthday party my friend's host family, but it involved some Peruvian ceviche and lots of good wine, cheese, and bread in the typical French fashion.  Just one country away, I'm amazed by how different the food and culture are and it's certainly a change to the food I've been eating for the past four months!

After our dinner, we spent the evening walking around Paris and stumbled across a few notable landmarks on the way - the Seine and Notre Dame.

My first impressions of Paris?  It can't compare one bit to the environment in Berlin.  I would hesitate to say Paris is classier; instead, I'll say the Berlin is crazier. (And honestly?  The nightlife is definitely better in Berlin, but shhh!)  But that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying Paris!  The buildings and the famous effortlessly chic vibe of everyone here is definitely something to admire.

Peruvian ceviche with sweet potatos, yum!







I'm excited to see what the rest of Paris has to offer.  I can't wait to go into the Louvre and of course, the Eiffel Tower. I'm ready to channel my tourist side, complete with my all-black and neutral Berlin attire!

No comments:

Post a Comment