Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Experimenting with green smoothies...

Having a vitamix at home is something I'm definitely going to miss when I go back to college.  They effortlessly make smoothies and juices, turning them into a perfect liquid where other blenders can only purify.

I love making all types of smoothies, especially a post workout peanut butter and chocolate protein smoothie, but today I felt a little more adventurous.  

I made a green smoothie from things I had around my kitchen...possibly a recipe for disaster, but I say my only downfall was that I made far too much for just two people.  Try three or four...




 That moment you have so many ingredients, you need to blend half of them together first to make room for the other half




 Already half gone!  Oops.


mmmmmmh....

Here's what I used for what ended up being 3-4 servings

4 c. spinach
2 medium/large pears
2 medium bananas
1 large apple
3/4 lemon, juiced (told you I took what I had laying around..)
1 c. cold water

It was originally just going to be bananas, pears, and spinach, but then I added too much spinach, which caused me to add another apple, which caused the quantity to go way over the intended two.

I confess, I'm after all the qualities a green smoothies can give - better skin, better energy, with a ton of nutrients added in, but it was absolutely delicious.  Spinach flavor, gone.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment