Thursday, May 23, 2013

SOTD: Smoothie of the Day and FOTD where I'm actually wearing color??

I'm addicted to smoothies. I can't help it - they're so incredibly easy to make, are refreshing for the warmer days we've been having, and are a great way to fill my sugar cravings.  I find that whenever I drink my smoothies, the fiber in them keeps my so full that I have no desire to snack on anything else, which was always a problem for me.  

My next experimentation is extremely refreshing, and has a great balance of a tart and sweet flavor.  It's also a nice tropical-inspired smoothie, including kiwis, bananas, and pineapple.  I typically don't like eating either kiwis or pineapple for their texture, but I love the taste of them in a juice!  I added in kale to sneak in some fiber, and right before I started blending, I added in some flax seeds as well.

All the ingredients jumbled in together!

 Read on to see the exact recipe!




All blended and ...green

yuuuuum.
Here's what I used:
Serves: 4

4 kiwis
1 large banana
3 c. sliced pineapple
2 c. frozen kale
1 T flax seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1 c. water

and blend!

The fiber in this is great for my mid-afternoon hunger pangs and sugar cravings, and the taste makes the humidity just a bit more bearable.


Looking at my rather large collection of makeup, I realize I have a considerable amount of color in it...color that I almost never wear.  I'm too drawn to the idea of a subtle smoky eye or the depth that neutrals can create.  They're brainless and easy to grab when I'm in a hurry, but once in awhile, even a simple eyeliner can change up my look without me trying too hard.

Back in high school I used to play around with color a lot.  Colorful eyeshadows, contrasting colors - I remember once I managed to use bright green and orange together.  I've lost a lot of that creative sense, or rather, become more lazy, but my goal this summer is to start bringing some creativity  back into my makeup.

But for now, I could only manage to add some colored eyeliner...and excuse my derpy face and white flash from my foundation.  Revlon Colorstay and the Maybelline BB Cream are great for long lasting wear, but the SPF makes the flashback horrendous.




Products Used:
Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream mixed
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Aqua Crimson
Maybelline Purestay Powder
Milani Radiant Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Splendor
MAC Semi Precious Pearl Mineralized Skin Finish

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Primer
MAC Vintage Selection Paint Pot
MAC Patina
Clinique Copper Canyon
Sonia Kashuk Eyeliner in Purple Passion
Lancome eyeshadow in Drama over eyeliner
Max Factor False Lash Effect WP mascara

Lips:
Revlon Pink in the Afternoon

Now that summer's here and I have more time to spend on makeup, expect some more color in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment