Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Few New Fashion Items to Love

Despite being obsessed with fashion and beauty, most of my shopping consists of makeup items, not fashion items.  When I go shopping I may pick up one or two things, but there are only a few times a year when I actually buy multiple things from multiple stores.  This is one of those times.

I have been really impressed with Forever 21's activewear line recently, and I could not resist these two items.  I loved the strapping on the sports bra, and I have been looking for a new pair of workout pants for the longest time.  I have worn these two already and love how they performed.  I'm also obsessed with this chartreuse green color! I can't remember how much they were but they were both between $12.50 and $15.50.



I then wandered into Cotton On, which I had seen a lot of while I was in Europe, but never actually shopped at.  I was completely surprised by its low prices and basic, but still trendy items (aka totally up my alley).  The two floral shorts were on sale for $10 each, and the skirts were 2 for $15, even though the black skirt alone was $14.50.   

Now about these black pants...these are pants I saw on people all the time in Europe, and not very often on people here.  They're a loose baggy pant that has thinner material than sweatpants (but just as comfy) and have a band by the ankle.  They're on the border of looking like pajamas.  But they're not.  I did curse myself on having huge thighs and ankles because these pants are in XL, while the skirts are size S.  Go figure...



Once I got back to DC, it only seemed fitting that I start everything off with some shopping.  But with a bank account being dangerously low, I had to limit myself.  Enter Buffalo Exchange.  I could easily spend hours in there going through racks of trendy, but second hand items, yet I only managed to leave with two items - the blue button down shirt from Gap, and the cropped pyramid cropped T-shirt from Forever 21.

I also obviously am attracted to neon pink, evidenced by the pink v-neck from GAP, and my new neon pink belt from H&M, which I managed to snag for $1.50 on clearance.  Score!   I blame my neon pink obsession on the fact that I've mostly exhausted my neon coral obsession...




This next item.  Oh my gosh.  I'm in love.  It is a beautiful 3/4 lengths shirt from H&M with the most beautiful embroidered detailing and a scalloped hem.  There are no words to describe this.




I was breathless when I saw this, and for $10, there was no way that this wasn't coming home with me.

Well, who knows how long it'll be before I buy more clothing items.  In the meantime, I'll be occupying myself with new makeup pretties, as usual ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment