Wednesday, July 31, 2013

More new pretties to love....

Does is always seem like when your life gets busy, everything happens at once, and nothing seems to be evenly spread out?  That's what happened recently - for the better part of this summer I've been feeling like nothing much has been happening, and recently, I've been so busy I haven't even been able to properly sit down and relax until today.

This haul is long overdue as I bought some of these things over a month ago, but..better late than never, right?

I was a bad girl and went shopping. again. As much as I tell myself that I don't need more makeup, I always fall for just one more lipstick..or eyeliner.  Since my lipstick collection is now pretty complete, I went into Sephora to fill any holes I had in my eyeliner collection..and walked out with this:




I've wanted to try the Stila eyeliners since they came out, and I just had to have this set.  I have never seen the Kat von D eyeliner, but once I swatched it, I was in complete love.  I've never really been interested in eyeliner, but something about that day just had me thinking I need more eyeliners.  No, I really don't.


Read on to see some swatches and more products I couldn't resist!



Swatches of the eyeliners:

T-B: Kat Von D Waterproof Autograph Pencil in Napolitano, Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner in Lionfish, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner

I was obviously in a bronzey mood that day, and the golden glitter of the Kat Von D Waterproof Autograph Pencil in Napolitano ($10) kept pulling me back in after I tried walking away from it.

I was happy to find the Stila eyeliner set ($20) because it offered a way for me to try out both eyeliners that I really wanted to try ever since they came out.  Lionfish is a beauty dark bronze color with subtle shimmer, while the Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner is a great waterproof eyeliner pen that I've already used a ton!  This set was also a great deal, as it came with a full size version of the Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner and a mini version of the Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner, and I believe the Smudgestick Eyeliner is already $20 on its own.



L-R: Cover Girl Lip Perfection in Euphoria and Eternal, Revlon Rendezvous, and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rich Girl Red

The lipsticks were all kind of an impulse buy when I felt like I needed a pick me up, but the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is a rebuy since I lost the one I originally had!

I've already tried out the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, and I'm already loving it!  I've been switching it with the Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation for days that I want a lighter application, and it looks extremely flawless and natural.  Expect a more detailed review coming up!

Here's to hoping that I can get all of my planned posts up in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment