Monday, July 8, 2013

Product Favorites: June

I promise that eventually, I'll get these up on time and at the end of the actual month, but for now, my busy little life (aka applying for jobs) is pushing back the monthly posts that I want to do!

But, the monthly favorites are finally here, and although there aren't many products this month, these products were really loved this month.



Keep reading to find out why I liked these products so much! 




First up is the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in 857 Golden Tan.  Despite the long name, I have joined the masses of women who rave about this foundation.  It is seriously an amazing foundation because of its ability to last and stay matte on my face.  This along with the light and creamy, almost gel-like consistency has me coming back to this foundation day after day.

Sometimes, I want some ultra mattifying powers, in which case I'll mix in some Revlon Colorstay Mousse Foundation in Light Medium/Medium.  Although now discontinued (why are all my products discontinued??), this is a great product to keep me matte.  However, I can only wear this in the summer otherwise it looks quite dry and cakey.

It's only natural that the Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine would appear in my favorites after using it so often this month.  It's versatile as both a cheek stain and the most natural lip stain I've used.  I reached for this so often because of its light texture in favor of other heavier cream blushes.  I already reviewed this here, if you want to see some swatches and how it looks on me!

The Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in #05 Rosy Brown has also gotten a lot of love this month because of my laziness - my laziness to put on too much makeup.  It has my reaching for this and blending it all over my eyelid, resulting in a quick look before running out the door.  This is similar to the likes of the Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks, the Topshop eyeshadow sticks, and I believe Bobbi Brown has recently come out with some, as well, so I'm not too upset that the Kiko ones aren't available in the US.

The ELF Blush in Giddy Gold has been my main highlighter for the month of June, which I already raved about here.  I told you all that this would make it into my favorites, and indeed, I have reached for this time and time again.  It's a gorgeous, subtle gold highlighter that at $3, is hard to beat!


I have a whole arsenal of lip balms, but the Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey lip balm stood out to me as a great every day lip balm.  Its the perfect consistency as it's moisturizing without being too heavy or creamy, or being too greasy.  The light honey smell is a bonus, too!


Ralph Lauren's Ralph is a perfume that I'm sure everybody has owned or at least smelled at least once.  I've finally gotten around to trying it out, and I am absolutely in love.  It's light and refreshing while still being sweet at the same time (my favorite type of scents), and it's absolutely perfect for spring and summer!  Every time I spray this, I can't help but be in a good mood, and I don't feel like it's too cloying for everyday wear in this heat.

Lastly, I rarely am wowed by brushes, but the Sonia Kashuk Domed Blusher Brush has become my go-to brush for applying anything from powder, blush, or highlighter.  It effortlessly blends blushes while keeping a soft diffused look.  Every Sonia Kashuk brush I've used has been great quality and in my daily rotation, but this one is a stand out for sure!

Now that June is over, I have a whole new batch of products to use for my Shop Your Stash project, meaning a whole new month of rediscovered favorites!

What were some of your favorite products this month?  I'm always dying to hear about more products, so do tell me below!




No comments:

Post a Comment